As many of you know, our beautiful designer Verity and her family have been exploring the incredible scenery Aus has to offer from their campervan for the best part of this year now. We wanted to share one of her favourite stops along the way! Here are our 5 must-do’s when visiting Darwin and Kakadu National Park…
Darwin – Kakadu National Park
- Wave Lagoon – first on our list might not be a natural wonder, but it sure it the perfect way to beat the heat on a scorching hot day up North. Right in the heart of Darwin is the Wave Lagoon; a seriously fun wave pool with waves that reach up to 1.7 metres at their highest. There's also much lower waves and even wave-free areas of the pool for younger visitors, so it’s a great place to chill out with the family for a sunny afternoon.
- Sunset Markets – an absolute must-do! You’ll find the Sunset Markets at Mindil Beach brimming with tastes, sights and smells from over 200 unique stalls, ranging from local and international cuisine to arts, crafts and service stalls. What a dreamy evening…all set against a sunset backdrop.
- Magnetic Termite mounds – this is such an impressive sight…literally hundreds of Magnetic Termite mounds standing 2 metres tall. These unique, incredible structures are up to 100 years old and you can wander around the remarkable area to get a closer look at all the intricate details.
- Gunlom plunge pool – discover sweeping vistas of stone country, woodland and riparian (riverine) areas, and at the top take a relaxing dip in the crystal clear pools. Voted within Australia’s Top 100 best views and a finalist in Australia’s ‘Secret Spots’, Gunlom is not to be missed!
- Cruise Yellow Water Billabong – last but by no means least on our must-do list is the dramatic and spectacular scenery of Yellow Water. These World Heritage-listed wetlands will make for an unforgettable day out. Be sure to take a boat cruise down the river and feast your eyes on huge crocs and astonishing birdlife along the way.
These are just a few highlights from Verity’s recent adventures to Darwin and Kakadu, but there’s so much more on offer here too. And that’s right, you did spot our newest collection, Lemon Myrtle as well as some unreleased swim (coming very soon!). Let us know if you have any questions about these 5 must-dos! Shop Lemon Myrtle here.
Love & good vibes xx